Sunday 30 October 2011

Siam. Turn the water off !!!

I was in Thailand twice this year. Last time it was during rainy season. North of the country. Raining EVERY DAY. I remember how it is to drive a scooter under a tropical rain for three hours. How not to have any dry clothes. How wet the moneys are. How to use canoe in case you need to get somewhere.

I felt I was transforming into a subaquatic feature (the one that lives partly on land and partly in water). Despite of any inconvenience, I liked that trip a lot . It was great. Poetic. Adventurous. Different.

But what is happening now in Thailand..God....I don't know how they will overcome this.... I worry a lot about this wonderful country (that was my home for more than 1 month in the last half a year) and about its wonderful and ever-smiling people.

And the problem is much bigger than direct damage to the country. Do not forget that Thailand is still the world's largest exporter of rice. An estimated 1.3 million acres of farmland is now flooded in Thailand.. and rice feeds a majority of the people in the world.

I would like to share the photos that I found on FB page of a guy from Bangkok Ar Kaz 
Here there are just some of plenty and plenty of them... 
Please, please, TURN THE WATER OFF!!!












































No comments:

Post a Comment